Saturday, January 5, 2013

Today I felt inspired to begin this blog.  I have been suggesting foods at my Weight Watcher meetings and have been getting a lot of feedback from others at the meeting.  My meeting is next door to Trader Joe's and I go there right after my meeting to check out what they have and pick up things I need.

While there today, I was trying the food they were sampling.  I discovered that the quinoa chips were the same amount of points as other chips, so it really wasn't a better choice from that perspective.  I did discover that their reduced-guilt guacamole has the same points as the one we've been using, but it tastes AWESOME!

I am trying to come up with a rating system like Siskel and Ebert's thumbs or "Picks and Pans".  For now, I have come up with BOOM and BUST.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  I want something alliterative and food-related.

Today's BOOMs:

  • Trader Joe's Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips - 3 WWPts+ per 1 oz. serving - taste like tortilla chips, nothing fancy, great for salsa and/or guacamole.  Sodium - 80mg
  • Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Chunky Guacamole - 1 WWPt+ per 2T serving - very tasty!!!  Previously, I was eating Yucatan Guacamole (available at Walmart) which is also 1 WWPt+ per 2T serving, but TJ's has more protein and less fat and is more dip-like.  It is made with Greek yogurt which you don't really notice.  Either one is a good choice.  Just depends on what other benefits you are looking for.
  • Madras Lentils by Tasty Bite from Costco - 4 WWPts+ per 1/2 pack - Vegetarian - Spicy and yummy.  Tastes like chili.  Heat it up right in the pouch and eat it from the pouch.  Could be used for earthquake preparedness (shelf-life is over 2 years).  Does not need refrigeration.  Easy to open. Sodum - 510 mg
Today's BUST:
  • Palmdale Walmart was out of the brand of foundation I use (the entire brand, not just the color).  They had one bottle of foundation amidst the empty shelves!  :(  I love Walmart's prices, but I am sick to death of their empty shelves!  When I worked retail, the area/district managers would come in the store and say "We are not selling air.  Fill these shelves!")  The westside Lancaster Walmart is worse, but they really need to keep their shelves stocked!

1 comment:

  1. I got this via Google+ from a reader. I wanted to post it here:

    Today I made Baked carrot fries for snack, take cookie sheet, lightly coat with olive oil, cut carrots into slices, pepper them up, bake for 20 min at 350! 90 cal for 3 carrots

    ReplyDelete