Saturday, January 12, 2013

Foodie Adventures at Trader Joe's

After my Weight Watcher meeting, I go to Trader Joe's.  I always like to stop at the demo booth.  Today, they were sampling a lettuce wrap that was filled with grilled chicken breast strips and broccoli slaw mixed with Trader Joe's Wasabi Mayonnaise.  The Wasabi Mayonnaise is actually a light green horseradish mayo; like a creamy horseradish.  I made it myself at home.  It was very yummy!

I mixed 1T of Wasabi Mayonnaise with broccoli slaw.  I put enough slaw in the mayo till it was coated, but not soggy.  You want to be mindful of the effect of the horseradish on your sinuses!  I put 3 oz of grilled chicken breast strips on the lettuce leaf then topped it with the mayo and slaw mixture.  For the side dish, I put several baby carrots on the plate and drizzled it with 1T of tzatziki.  The entire lunch was 7 points!  It was very tasty.

The next time I make this, I am going to mix the chicken in with the slaw and mayo.  I think intermingling the flavors more will be even better!

BOOMS for this week:
1) Trader Joe's Wasabi Mayonnaise
2) Trader Joe's Tzatziki
3) Pineapple (more on this in another post)

BUST:
Cantaloupe!  I don't know if I just got a bad one or if cantelope is going out of season, but I got an overripe cantaloupe that had no flavor.  Laying off melons for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment