Monday, January 14, 2013

Pineapples!

I was at Trader Joe's on Saturday for my weekly excursion.  In front of the demo booth were pineapples.  I asked the girl if pineapples were in season yet.  She said that they were just coming into season.  She said she had some cut up in the back if I wanted to try some.  You bet I did!  She gave me a sample.  It was sweet, juicy, and awesome!  I bought one on the spot....only $2.99.

Here is the trick to a perfect pineapple.  I learned this from my friend, Robin McCabe.  Her mother taught her this trick.  Twist the crown off of the pineapple.  Turn the pineapple upside and let it sit on the counter.  I have left it for just an hour and even overnight.  Cut off the peel and cut away the core.  I like to cut it into spears.  I will put 4-5 into a quart size ziplock and take it to work.

I forgot to take a picture, so I will post pictures after my next pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment